The Website is offered to you conditional on your agreement with these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) and your continued use of it signifies agreement with them in their entirety. Please read this carefully as it affects your legal rights and sets out in these Terms and Conditions on which we, the Association of Internal Control Practitioners “(The AICP)”, will allow you to use this website (the “Website”, which for the avoidance of doubt includes any Restricted area which is accessed by The AICP Members, registered users or subscribers) and the information contained within it.
All goods and services sold by The AICP, (which also includes those provided free of charge to customers from time to time), whether purchased online through the Website or offline by telephone or paper order, shall be and are subject to these Terms and Conditions and any reference to purchasing goods and services on the Website shall refer in equal measure to any such goods or services purchased offline.
Purchasing Goods and Services
1. We offer the opportunity to purchase certain goods and services on the Website and Offline, including applications, registrations and payment for examinations, study materials and courses. “Offline” refers to brochures and other printed publications produced by the The AICP from time to time. Please review all of the information which you intend to submit before you make payment. By submitting this information, you confirm that all of it is accurate, true and complete.
2. If we accept your offer and agree to enter into a contract with you, we will keep a record of the transaction for a period of 4 years.
3. The Price means the price for the goods or services, inclusive of VAT. Prices quoted on our Website and Offline are in pounds sterling. Goods and services must be paid in pounds sterling. The AICP will not accept liability for any local taxes or charges, including currency conversion charges applied by your bank or payment processor. Where relevant, standard delivery charges will be applied at the checkout (for web purchases) and are detailed on the relevant application form (for Offline purchases).
4. When you offer to purchase any goods or services from us Offline, by telephone, by paper application form or on the Website by clicking the ‘Submit’ button, you agree to these Terms and Conditions. By completing and submitting the paper application form/ electronic order form or ordering by telephone, you are making an offer to purchase goods or services which, if accepted by us, will result in a binding contract. We reserve the right to refuse your order, in which case you will be notified accordingly.
5. The Price, in pound sterling, may be paid by credit or charge/debit card via PayPal. (Some orders and overseas orders are paid by BACS transfer to our bank account). The Price will be deducted from your card if and when we have accepted your order. If your order is not accepted by us we will inform you.
Cancellation and Termination
6. In accordance with The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 you have a right of cancellation in respect of the goods and services sold by The AICP which right shall (subject to the Regulations) expire fourteen calendar days from the day on which the goods are received by you, or your order for services is accepted by The AICP.
If you wish to cancel, you must notify by The AICP by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Reimbursement for any monies paid by you, which relate to the cancellation will be sent to you within fourteen days of receiving the notice of cancellation.
Note: No right of cancellation or refund is available in respect of eBooks or any other electronic download of the goods and services once the download has started. You acknowledge that, by commencing the download of the goods or services, your right to cancel under section 29(1) of the Regulations will be lost.
7. Any request for entry to an exam received less than 14 days before the exam date shall be treated as express consent for The AICP to provide a service. This express consent will also be treated as formal acknowledgement by you that your rights to cancellation under Regulation 29(1) of the Regulations will be lost upon receipt of your application form by The AICP.
8. In the event of less than fourteen days’ notice of cancellation being given in respect of an entry for an exam sat online, and if, where applicable, The AICP is unable to recover costs suffered as a result of such short notice cancellation, then The AICP can recover these costs from you.
9. We may (at our option) suspend performance of the services or terminate the contract at any stage if it appears to us that you have not complied with these Terms and Conditions.
10. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend or vary the operation of our obligations to you if events occur which are beyond the reasonable control of The AICP, including (but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing) fire, flood, storms, plant breakdown, strikes, lock outs, riot, hostilities, non-availability of material or suppliers or any other event outside our control; and we shall not be held liable for any breach of contract or in tort resulting from such an event.
We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the Website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium).
Warranties and Liability
11. We will perform any services with reasonable skill and care. Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, and except where goods or services are sold to a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), all warranties, representations and undertakings, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose and of non-infringement of the rights of a third party, are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where goods or services are sold to a person dealing as a consumer, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect his or her statutory rights.
12. Our liability (if any) under these Terms and Conditions in respect of any defect in the goods or services or of any duty owed to you under these Terms and Conditions will be limited to the Price paid by you.
13. Nothing within these Terms and Conditions operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimers
14. We do our best to ensure that the information on the Website and our Offline publications are accurate and helpful at all times. However, we cannot ultimately warrant the accuracy of that information and cannot be held liable for any use you make or reliance you place on it, except as specifically agreed with us in any further agreement we may make with you in writing.
15. You will indemnify The AICP against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities and costs arising from and in connection with your use and/or abuse of the Website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
16. Any link (be it a hyperlink or other referral device) either described in an Offline publication or used on the Website (including any Restricted area) is provided solely for the use and convenience of the visitor. The link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any association with the linked website. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that have links either to or from the Website or for the legal consequences of your entering into any contracts with the third parties that have these linked websites and we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, expense, costs or liability whatsoever incurred by you as a result.
17. Access to, and use of, the Website is at your own risk and we do not warrant that the use of the Website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection.
Intellectual Property Rights
18. All Intellectual Property Rights and goodwill in Offline publications or relating to the contents of the Website belong to either us or to our suppliers.
19. In particular, The AICP asserts its ownership of the trademarks displayed in relation to names, exams, qualifications and exam titles (whether registered or not) and nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions or the Website should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any of the trademarks whether Offline or online without our permission. However, copying and printing of those webpages which contain the trademarks is permitted within the scope of the licence contained at “Your use of the Website” below.
Your use of the Website
20. You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from the Website solely for personal use.
21. You may not reproduce part or all of the contents of the Website in any form unless it is for personal use.
22. You may not copy or otherwise incorporate into, or store in, any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work any of the content of the Website in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
23. You may not frame or link to the Website or any part of it without our express permission.
24. Where you have the opportunity to add or post content to the Website (including any Restricted area of the Website) you must only do so to send messages and material that are proper and appropriate to it and you shall not do any of the following:
a) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy or intellectual property rights where applicable) of others;
b) Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any material which is obscene, indecent or unlawful;
c) Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters;
d) Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of confidentiality or privacy, where applicable) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
e) Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of our or another’s computer;
f) Upload files which contain an active hyperlink to another website;
g) Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
h) Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded; and/or
25. We shall be entitled at any time to delete, remove or suspend the whole, or any part, of any content added or posted to the Website without notice and without incurring any liability.
26. By logging in to the Website and creating a user profile, you confirm that the e-mail address you provide is solely accessible by you and is secure from any external third-party access.
Data Protection & Privacy
27. We will use our best endeavours to safeguard the privacy of our users. For further information, including of our data processing practices please read our Privacy Statement.
Information to Improve Our Website
28. We collect information automatically about your visit to our Website. This information is used to help us follow browsing preferences on our Website so that we can regularly improve our service.
30. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions under which the Website is offered at any time. Any such change in these Terms and Conditions will be effective once reflected in the text of the Terms and Conditions and published on this webpage or Offline. You should check these Terms and Conditions periodically to ensure that you are aware of, and complying with, the current version.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to confer a benefit on or to be enforceable by, any person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
32. The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law, and you and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for the determination of disputes.
Association of Internal Control Practitioners
Updated 24th May 2018