The ability to negotiate well takes time and practice. It is probably the most important skill a buyer can develop because it is often through negotiation that the buyer will achieve objectives.
This course will take you through the strategies, processes, tactical counters, influencing and persuasion skills, team roles, preparation and planning skills that are needed to consistently achieve the best deals.
During the course you will:
- Learn how to leverage the internal stakeholders’ knowledge through collaborative preparation and your earlier involvement in the negotiating process;
- Learn how to counteract the seller’s deeper market, product and services advantage;
- Gain the skills necessary to negate the advantage most salespeople have from the intensive sales training they are given by their employer;
- Gain an understanding of the different styles used in negotiation whereby you can use the style or styles that suit you best, and when the occasion demands different approaches in the negotiation;
- Identify your winning and balanced formulae in negotiation.
(This course is included in the Procurement & Supply Chain Management Certification syllabus)